(A/E) indicates an architect or engineer should be consulted. (LS) indicates a life safety hazard. Items in italics are generally already taken care of in public schools if they were part of recent, state-approved construction.
1. Are compressed gas cylinders secured top and bottom with a safety chain? (solution HM1)
2. Are laboratory chemicals on shelves restrained? (solution HM2) (LS)
3. Are gas tank legs anchored to a concrete footing or slab? (solution HM3) (A/E) (LS)
4. Are containers of hazardous materials stored on braced storage racks or tall stacks? (provide secured storage) (LS)
5. Do gas pipes have flexible connections? (provide flexible connections) (A/E)